Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 14, 2007

Sewing 101 - my 1st hemmed pants

I hemmed my first pair of pants today, for Astrid. My sewing repertoire includes sewing a button on a shirt. I don't own a sewing machine. In fact, the only time I've ever used a sewing machine was in art class to sew a puppet together. So with that said, I was pretty proud of myself. These jeans were a tad too long and couldn't be folded at the bottom because of the cuff. I took a look at them and decided I could cut off the cuff and re-sew it together higher up for the perfect length.One pant leg down, and another one to go.

Sometimes I start to think about sewing clothes for Astrid, but then I think about how much time goes into it, and how much cheaper it is just to buy them off the rack. So for now I'll just stick to fixing the defective items and maybe making a fun, custom t-shirt or two for Astrid.When I put the pants down on the floor to take a photo, Astrid couldn't resist standing on them. She thought herself quite the comedian.

No comments: