Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year 2006!

Happy New Year from Rose, Uwe, & Astrid
I was sitting in the old Los Angeles Theatre on Broadway shortly after midnight when a complete stranger approached me and asked:
CS: What was the best part of 2005?
Me: (caught completely off guard) I dunno.
CS: Pick one.
Me: (pause) I had a baby.
CS: (big smile) Wow! You brought a new life into the world. Very cool. (He was still smiling when he walked away.)
The best part of 2005 was definitely having Astrid. As much work that it is raising a child, it's also the most fulfilling and rewarding.
Uwe and I both agree that Astrid is the best thing that we've ever done and she is the best thing that's ever happened to us.

1 comment:

Karissa (mommy) said...

I love the headband.

Happy New Year!