Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Astrid's all set for Florida

Her swimsuit came in today's mail. It was tough trying to find a swimsuit for Astrid at this time of year since retail stores only carry them in summer months and online companies are charging outrageous prices. I bought 3 swimsuits on eBay and the total price with shipping was still less than 1 swimsuit purchased from an online company.Here she is in a pink Oshkosh swimsuit with a little ruffle around the waist.The 2nd swimsuit was too small. The seller said it was size 6-12 months, but it was actually size 6 months (big difference!). She wants to give me a refund for just the auction price, have me eat the shipping and let me keep the swimsuit or sell it. I'm going to see if the swimsuit will fit baby Mara.

The 3rd swimsuit that is being delivered is blue with a fish on the front and it has a ballerina tutu around the waist.

So Astrid will have 2 swimsuits in Florida that she can alternate wearing (i.e., wear one while the other is drying).

Now I need to get a new swimsuit for myself. The 2 I have need to be replaced. I know I'm not alone in declaring I hate shopping for swimsuits. It really sucks. It seems swimsuit makers make swimsuits for stick figures or extremely overweight women. I'm somewhere in the middle. And I can't buy one off of eBay b/c 1) I don't wear a swim diaper like Astrid does so no used one for me, and 2) I have to try it on to see how it looks. With it being off season it will be difficult to find one. Uwe thinks sporting goods stores carry them year round. I sure hope so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're in luck. It's not the off season anymore. Have you been to Target lately? Swim suits are all over the place. If they're in Target, I suspect they're at the dept. stores too.

Anonymous said...

I noticed suits at Target too- it was conveniently located next to the maternity sectio! Someone's idea of a practical joke! As I'm buying larger clothes for my expanding belly- right next to me where these cute suits I won't fit into for awhile!!

You should also try the store "Everything But Water". They sell only suits- there's one down here at South Coast Plaza but I'm sure they have them all over. Also Macy's seems to have bathing suits year round (I found a couple before a cruise we went on in the winter). Good Luck!!