Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Fun @ Grandma & Grandpa's house

My parents recently finished some home improvements projects on their home (had the interior and exterior of the house painted, had new wood floors and carpet put in, had wood replaced on their patio) so everything in the rooms had to be taken out and put back. That included my dad's computer, so I went over to their house today to setup the computer and printer.

While I was detangling chords and cables and reattaching them, my mom was playing with Astrid. Occasionally I would stop what I was doing to pick up the camera and take pictures.

Astrid playing in front of the mirror.

My mom commented, "Oh she loves the mirror." I explained that at home Astrid likes to play in front of our mirrored closet doors.Astrid playing with the vacuum cleaner. She loved the shiny metallic chrome. My mom trying to distract Astrid with a toy rattle. It would work for a few minutes and then Astrid would crawl over to me or get into something else.

Astrid was also vocalizing a lot and my mom was mimicing the sound back to her, "gobble gobble". It was funny to hear my mom making turkey sounds.The furniture behind them is from my room as a kid. The mirror is supposed to placed above the chest of drawers. My parents bought me this girlie furniture set (that also came with a matching canopy bed, desk with book shelves, chair, night stand, and a tall chest of drawers) when I was 4 years old and I had it up until I moved out at 17 to go to college.

Even though I never lived in the house my parents live in today, they still keep my furniture in a separate room. I guess I should tell them it's okay to sell it or give it away as my tastes are a lot different now and I would choose a completely different style for Astrid's bedroom furniture.A cute pic of my mom smiling as she's playing with Astrid.

No comments: