Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, January 07, 2006

We're in San Francisco

We arrived in San Francisco this morning. This is the 2nd time for Astrid. (She went on her first road trip to SF when she was just 5 days old.)

On the plane, the lady sitting next to us asked me how many times Astrid has flown on an airplane. I had to quickly calculate it (New York, Montana, and now San Francisco) and then gave her an answer, "This will be her 3rd time."

Here is Astrid riding on BART (the Bay Area Rapid Transit) aka the train/subway for the very first time. We took BART from Oakland to San Francisco. It's very convenient and cheap. I wish we had a great transit system like this in LA. Uwe made a playpen for Astrid out of a suitcase. She sat inside it and played with her toys. It's a great idea. Next time though I might put a blanket down on the bottom because I realized later that there are 2 metal bars for the handle that are on the bottom of the suitcase which Astrid is sitting on.

(Btw: You can scroll down and read new posts from last Friday that I wasn't able to get done before our trip.)

1 comment:

April said...

You are very lucky to be able to travel so often. Astrid will be a very cultured young lady. I wish I've been to half the places you have!