Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Walking the dog

Today was one of the few occasions when Astrid and I walked the dog in the morning. (Usually Uwe walks the dog but I take over when he's away on business.) On one occasion Astrid was crying in her stroller and our dog seemed to sense this was no leisurely walk, so she did her "business" pronto. On another occasion I had Astrid in her Baby Bjoern carrier and she was happy in it, but it was a balancing act bending down to pick up the dog's "business" with a plastic bag in one hand while holding onto Astrid and the dog on the leash with the other hand. Not good for mommy's sore back and knees. This time it was much easier. Astrid was happy in her stroller and we went down to our dog's favorite spot, a vacant lot. It helps to have a mellow dog. I was able to take these photos by attaching the dog leash to the stroller and our dog was content to sniff around and stay close to the baby.

Our new stroller also makes it much easier. I'm glad we bought this one to replace our free, hospital issued stroller. (Not just because I no longer have to hear Uwe's "How many ways do I hate this cheap stroller...let me count the ways" argument.) There's better shock absorption and bigger tires with more traction, for a smoother ride and easier off-roading.

Now walking the dog isn't such an ordeal.

No comments: