Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 05, 2007

I think she shares my eclectic taste in music

When Astrid was a baby we listened to a lot of music, including my favorite Velvet Underground (with Nico) at home, and we continue to listen to music that I like whenever we're in the car.

As she got older I noticed she'd stop fussing to listen when a good song came on the radio. In fact she'd stop crying the moment a Fleetwood Mac song came on the radio. But when a bad song was on, she'd cry louder.

Today while driving home, the 90's classic song "What's Up?" by Four Non Blondes was playing on the radio. (You can click here to listen to it.) For some reason when the song first came out I listened to it so many times that I memorized the lyrics. Ever after all these years I can still sing along to it.

Here's how the conversation went:

Me: "Oh Mommy likes this song."
Astrid: "I like this song too."

Me: "Yeah? You like this song?"
Astrid: "Yeah."

Astrid: (Pause) "Nice. Nice song."

Moments like these I could just eat that kid up.

No comments: