Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Haribo Happy Cola Kind

I love these Haribo coke bottle gummi candies. We used to get them at the German store in Alpine Village in Torrance, CA until one day I stumbled on them in passing at Walgreens. Yes, the drugstore. So now Uwe and I have a running joke. Normal people go to the drug store to get medicine, but we go there to get candy. Our Haribo Happy Cola Kind. (Kind is child in German.)

Astrid loved playing with the empty candy wrapper.
"Maybe mom left me one in here. "
"Felt the entire bag and no stray candies left. Oh well at least I've got the bag to play with."
Standing pic #1.
Standing pic #2.
Standing pic #3.
Down she goes.

Astrid has been standing more and taking more steps. We know that invariably she sits down when she gets tired, but frequently she falls down. It's a bit nerve wracking, but it's fun to see her wobble around on her two little legs to get from point A to point B. No matter how many times she falls down, she'll get right back up and try again. It's amazing how fearless and tenacious babies are.

1 comment:

Barbara aka Yooni said...

Hi, I stumbled across you blog somehow....and enjoyed reading your blog about your new baby. I too just gave birth in feb of this year to a beautiful boy. We just recently moed to LA.....im half korean half german....and my husband is full korean....i just wanted to say hello