Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 03, 2006

Astrid surprises us by saying, "Good morning!"

The nanny was getting Astrid a bib, while I was in the kitchen making breakfast for Astrid. Uwe was standing next to me in the kitchen when the nanny walked by holding Astrid and all of a sudden we heard, "Good morning!" All three of us adults (me, Uwe and the nanny) stopped in our tracks. Neither of us adults had said it. The spontaneous "Good morning!" came out of our little baby's mouth.

Astrid hears me say "Good morning" everyday when I enter her bedroom in the morning, and when I greet our nanny in the morning but it was shocking to hear her say it, especially since it came out of the blue (and I haven't made an effort to teach it to Astrid). We were all there to hear it and still in shock I asked our nanny if Astrid really said it and she said, "Yeah it was pretty clear wasn't it?" We all had a good laugh. It was so precious and unexpected.

No comments: