Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 10, 2006

Astrid's blue suede shoes

Astrid has new soft leather shoes. With Astrid standing up now and trying to walk, I want her to be able to do that outdoors as well without getting her socks dirty. These are lightweight and nonconfining so her feet can still develop and miraculously they stay on. Astrid loves wearing them. They also give her a bit more traction when she's standing on the smooth wood floors.Here she is sitting on the kitchen countertop pointing. I've been trying to get a good shot of her pointing for awhile now. In all 3 photos above, Astrid's feet are blurry because she's kicking and swinging her feet.But I finally got this clear close up of her shoes. They're light blue with pink pigs on them. We purchased them from a baby store in Santa Monica. They were way overpriced, but I've been researching shoes online and I preferred these soft leather ones. These have a cute design and we were able to try them on Astrid to make sure they fit her well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those shoes are precious Rose. May I inquire where they may be purchased? I'd love to get a pair of this type for our grandson when the time comes.

Astrid is looking more and more like a little girl rather than a baby. And what a cutie she is!

Karissa (mommy) said...

I agree! Astrid sure looks like she's growing up. That first pic makes her look more like a toddler than I've seen. Super cute! I love the smile. :)

Love the shoes too. Very stylish.

Rose said...

Jeannie,
What happened to your blog? I went to visit the other day and it said it no longer exists.

I got them at a baby boutique store for $30. But target.com carries them for about $13. They don't have the exact shoe, but they have the same type of shoe in different styles.