Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter 2006!

We're going to Dodger Stadium this afternoon, and I wanted to take some cute Easter photos of Astrid while we still had sun. Uwe took Astrid out after her morning nap and unfortunately his appointment ran longer than expected, so my photo op time with Astrid was right at her 2:00 nap time.

Like clockwork, Astrid gets tired and cranky around her nap times and bedtime. That's a good thing from a routine point of view, and she falls asleep with out any problems, but it's not a good thing when you try to keep her up (for cute Easter photos for example).

Looking cute wearing her pink bunny ears, but on the verge of tears. Sitting beside her first Easter basket filled with plastic eggs, and a stuffed animal chick with bunny ears."I'm not kidding mom. I really am tired.""Oh...what's this?"Taking interest in her Easter basket. Playing with her Easter chick.Finally having some fun, playing with her plastic Easter eggs.Reaching for the one large golden egg."Mom, how long do I have to wear this thing on my head?"A tired Easter bunny.Banging two Easter eggs together and she's delighted by sound it makes.Done with the Easter eggs. Here she is in front of the mirror in our downstairs bathroom...and she looks happy!Looking up at the light.Such a cutie.Astrid laughing.Normally she loves to crawl around on the wood floors, but at this moment she's in no mood.Okay photo shoot is over. It's time for a nap.

When she starts talking while she's crying; it's game over.

On a positive note, Uwe received his first Easter card from Astrid. She even signed her own name. =)

After she woke up from her nap she was in much better spirits, so I took a few pics before we ran out to the Dodger game.Here's my little angel playing with her shoe.Happily playing with her bobble head chick.The candy inside is of course for me and Uwe.The cutest little Easter bunny in the whole wide world.

3 comments:

IM said...

HOT DAMN SHE'S A CUTIE!!!

Gayla said...

She is the most adorable bunny!! :-) Rose, I have to tell you, you inspired me to start updating my blog again - thank you!!!

Rose said...

Gayla,
I can't wait to read your new posts!