Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 13, 2006

My baby is growing up so fast she's starting to look like a toddler

Looking at Astrid I'm amazed at how much she's grown in over 8 months. It is truly amazing how much she's changed. She's starting to look more like a toddler than a baby. It's the height and weight obviously, but it's also the facial features, hair, muscle strength, coordination, and independence. All those things and she's becoming more aware of everything around her.Where has my little baby gone?

(In the photo above Astrid is 4 days old. Look at how tiny her little arms and legs are!) Look how well she's standing and how tall she's gotten. Both the exersaucer and the jumperoo are on the tallest settings. When she sits in the exersaucer she has to bend her legs.

We're planning on going to Florida and I'm trying to purchase some summer clothes for Astrid (since it will be around 80 degrees there). It made me realize that I can no longer dress her in a onesie alone. Sure she'd be comfortable in the hot weather, but it just wouldn't be appropriate anymore. She's no longer a little baby who can run around half naked and it's cute. She can still wear a onesie but I need to put shorts or a skirt on over it and cover her up a little more. My little baby has grown into a little girl. But to me of course she'll always be my little baby.

1 comment:

Karissa (mommy) said...

That bottom pic is too cute! She looks like she's trying to be cheesy.