Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Girls just wanna have fun - (Astrid & Mara)

Today I babysat baby Mara for the afternoon. Mara's parents Julie and Jason were able to have a baby-free afternoon out on the town. Tomorrow I will be dropping Astrid off at their place so Uwe and I can go to a museum.
At first Mara wasn't too sure about me, as you can see from the pic on the left. But after I fed her I guess she decided I was okay (see pic on the right) and was happily playing with some toys while I took photos of her.

Astrid was taking a nap for the first hour that Mara was over so it was nice to get her acclimated and fed before Astrid woke up and I had my hands full. Look who's awake.

When showing the pics to Uwe I pointed out that Astrid just woke up and he replied, "I could tell by her pink cheeks. They're always really pink when she wakes up." I wish I could say they were "sharing" toys but I have to admit my daughter is a toy snatcher. A very cute toy snatcher at that. Mara having such a nice temperament, didn't seem to mind.
Wonder twin powers activate! (A Super Friends reference.)
Mara was fascinated by Astrid's foot. Maybe because the feet on her Carter's outfit have traction on the bottom.
Astrid studying her foot to see what's so interesting.
"Okay it's my turn now to check you out."
Having fun with the rings. Astrid was beating them together, which she does a lot these days with toys.
Both babies are playing with Mara's stacking rings.
Happy talk.
Mara laughing at whatever Astrid just said.
Just hanging out looking cute.
I played a toddler CD for kids (with numbers and abc's), and as soon as the music started both babies looked up. Uwe says it looks like God entered the room.
Better watch out Mara, Astrid is after that remote control toy you're holding.
A cute photo of Mara.
When Uwe got home we took the girls out for a walk around the neighborhood.
We got a lot of looks from neighbors. With two babies about the same age in strollers, it must have looked like we had twins.

The girls loved the walk and being outside with all the new sights and sounds and smells.

My husband the dreamer.
Oh the endless possibilities...

Starting to pop a wheelie. Hello little baby. Whatcha doin?

It was nice having Mara over for the afternoon. She's such a good baby and it's always a lot of fun to watch the girls together.

No comments: