Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Clap clap clap

Astrid has started to clap her hands on her own. I think it started with Uwe and I applauding her each time she gave high fives, and then she tried to replicate it on her own. Tonight I was able to get these photos of her clapping her hands together.Early on I would bring her hands together as if she were clapping and say "clap clap clap" and sing the "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands" song to her, but for a long time her hands would be clenched.

Then one day I looked over and she was clapping her hands with the palms together all by herself.The past few days she's been clapping a lot and seems delighted that she can bring her hands together to clap. It's just another sign that she's becoming more coordinated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only is Astrid clapping her hands- but she's also playing footsie. Check out her cute little toes in your photos- maybe she'll be a dancer??

Sounds like you had a nice trip to SF and I loved how you used the phone as a monitor!! Ingenious!

Anonymous said...

Your a pretty smart Mom, Rose. I would never have thought of using the phone and would have remained sequestered in the room!

How fun that she's clapping. I can hardly wait for our grandson to make his own discoveries.

Sounds like all in all your family had a wonderful get-away.

Rose said...

Jeannie,
I can't take credit for the phone/baby monitor. That was my husband's idea. He's a resourceful one!