Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Part 5 - Joshua Tree for the Memorial Day holiday

The Memorial Day, three day weekend always seems to go by so quickly.

If I had known that the weather was so cool, I would have brought my backpack carrier for Astrid and gone hiking. But instead I did the best I could and went for daily walks with her in her stroller and pointed out the bunny rabbits, lizards, and birds that would cross our path.Our friend John (who flies for a hobby) flew in for Uwe's birthday.There's this incredible house that's built into the mountain that we discovered last time we were staying at the Joshua Tree house. Uwe wanted to show it to John, so we walked around it and I took some photos of it. Here is the view from the driveway.Here is the view from Joshua Tree National Park. You can see it's nestled in between the boulders. Being the practical homeowners that we are, we started discussing home owner's insurance, and did we think this house would be able to get any with the way it was strategically placed with boulders all around it (and that could roll on top if it if there was an earthquake).
Here's a close up.Sitting on Papa's shoulders wearing her wide brim, floppy sun hat.Exploring the desert.Standing in front of a huge boulder.Back at the house during our last morning there. To keep Astrid occupied while I was washing dishes and getting ready for the drive back, I let her flip through my "O" magazine.

Vacation is over and I already need another vacation. Isn't that how it always feels? Three days just wasn't enough. At least we have another vacation planned this year which will be for 3 weeks to Europe. I can't wait for that trip!

No comments: