Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 16, 2006

Astrid loves hats

Astrid is definitely a hat girl. She loves wearing different hats. Probably because I always say, "You can't cry when you're wearing your hat." As if that makes any sense I know, but it always makes Astrid break into a full smile when you say that and put a hat on her head, even if she is on the verge of tears. And now she probably also associates it with going outside.

I have skin cancer in my family and Uwe had it as well, so I'm always extra cautious when it comes to sun exposure for her, which is why she has an assortment of hats.Wearing her ladybug Flap Happy hat.

It might look funny to others seeing her wearing a hat inside the house, but hey it makes her happy ergo it makes me happy.Wearing her LA Zoo hat (that our nanny bought for her the first time they went to the zoo together).Here she is with a mouth full of fruit.

Those chubby cheeks may not be around for that much longer, as she's getting lots of exercise walking and slimming down and losing the baby fat.

No comments: