Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Mastery of the sippy cup

Today it occurred to me that some things that seems so difficult in the beginning, work out in the end miraculously and I'm left thinking "I don't know how/why but I'm just glad she's doing it." Things like her sleeping schedule, naps, walking, eating solids, and yes, even drinking from the sippy cup. Astrid mastered the sippy cup some time ago and it was a milestone, but I don't know exactly when that happened or how. At first she wouldn't drink from her sippy cup and I had to revert back to the bottle for water. I experimented with a few different sippy cups and finally found one that she liked. Each day she seemed to be taking baby steps towards drinking from it, and then one day I looked over and she was actually raising it up and tipping it back to drink from it all on her own without any assistance.I'm sure it will be the same with drinking from a cup, eating with utensils, and potty training. Things that seem so daunting in the beginning will be those same things that I'll look back on and think "I don't know how/why but I'm just glad she's doing it."

No comments: