Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas eve pics with Santa

I took Astrid to get her picture taken with Santa today.Here is the Santa at 7th and Fig in Downtown. Astrid was leery at first and didn't know what to think of sitting on a strange man's lap, and one with a big white beard. But this Santa was very sweet with Astrid. When he saw her about to cry he had me sit on his other knee. I felt like a little kid sitting on Santa's lap.

Doesn't she look cute in her Christmas outfit with the attached little elf shoes? Uwe said it looks like she's wearing Lederhosen. =)They were really nice and let me take photos with my digital camera. The photographer even offered to send me electronic copies of the shots he took if I sent him an e-mail. One photo was free and they only charged for additional copies. I will definitely go back to them for Santa photos.

The parking at 7th & Fig is not a problem, the parking is validated, and it's no hassle at all.

The only thing that I was disappointed about was the fact that Astrid wasn't smiling in any of the photos. Go figure, she was all smiles when we were done and waiting for our photos to print out. So I decided to go to the Glendale Galleria and see if I could get photos taken with Santa there.Glendale Galleria has a huge chocolate chip cookie display in the center of the mall with Santa. However, the Santa there was creepy and would sing loudly into a microphone between photos. They blasted Christmas music out of speakers (which I didn't understand because it was too loud even for adults, let alone small children) and there were tons of people and long lines (don't even get me started about the horrendous parking situation and traffic). Astrid started to cry the moment she sat on Santa's lap.These are the pics I took with my digital camera. The only decent photo package they had was for $40 and I wasn't going to spend that for photos of Astrid crying. The Santa said it didn't matter if she was crying because any kid in an elf's costume sitting on Santa's lap is cute. The outfit is adorable but I hate to see my kid cry.

I showed Uwe the photos and we both had to laugh. Astrid's always such a ham for the camera and it was so unlike her not to smile when getting her picture taken. Uwe was actually happy she wasn't smiling. He said it shows character that she's not happy with any ole stranger. It will be interesting to see how she responds next year when getting her photo taken with Santa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Santa DOES look creepy- I would cry too if I had to sit on his lap!! Wait until Astrid sees her first Disney character at Disneyland....that usually scares kids too. Love the pics though- that outfit is DARLING!