Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 20, 2006

The love of reading starts at a young age

Books keep Astrid entertained for much longer than any toy. She loves turning the pages and looking through books on her own.She'll stop and touch pictures or point to certain things and will say something. Some of her words are spoken very clearly like mama and papa, while others are harder to understand but can be understood in context, like when she's pointing to our dog and says something that sounds like our dog's name, and some words I'm still trying to decipher.

2 comments:

Karissa (mommy) said...

I'm very happy that Isabella loves books too. Personally, I'm not a big reader, but Doug tends to read 2-3 books at one time, so she must get it from him. :) The only time reading to Isabella is tireing is when she insists I somehow read 3 books at once to her. She expects me to hold all 3 and turn the pages of all of them at the same time. I try to explain to her that daddy doesn't read 2-3 books at the exact same time like that, but she doesn't get it yet. ;)

Trailhead said...

We have the same book, and several others in the series. I love how the things feel in them -- especially the frog and the snake in the Touch and Feel Jungle Animals one. Unfortunately, those have given way to Shel Silverstein and the Bug books. (Well, not unfortunately, really, since I love those too.)