Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 13, 2006

FLD6 Our last day in Florida

Today marks the last day of our time in Florida. While I was in the laundry room doing laundry, I put Astrid in her stroller facing the laundry room and let her play with her pool floatie. That was fun for all of 5 minutes.
Then she moved on to pulling off her sock.
And when that got old, she moved on to playing with the dish towel hanging from the fridge door handle.
My sweet girl.
And she's so happy.
I was able to wash, dry and fold loads of laundry. Oh boy. =)
Astrid's starting to point to things with her pointer finger.
Clapping her hands together.
We hired a babysitter to watch Astrid for a few hours today.

I knew she'd be fine but I also knew that because of the separation anxiety she would not be a happy camper right away. She was fine when the babysitter kept her distance, but as soon as she tried to hold her she started crying. I thought that if the babysitter fed Astrid her baby food, that she would become Astrid's instant friend. But when we got back the babysitter (an older woman) said that Astrid didn't even want to look at her. She was hungry and wanted to eat but as soon as she took a spoonful she would turn her head and not look at the lady.

One of the things I asked the babysitter to do before we left was to take Astrid for a walk. It was pretty cold outside but Astrid loves to go for walks and I knew she'd enjoy it. The babysitter told me that Astrid LOVED the walk and was singing the whole time. But still, whenever she peeked back and saw the lady she would start to cry. So this poor babysitter put something over the see-through shield in the back of the stroller so Astrid wouldn't be able to see her face, so Astrid would stay happy. A sweet father/daughter pic.

Time is flying. Although Uwe was working much of the time and Florida was much colder than we expected, we did get some nice family time together and got a few warm days before the icy weather rolled in. We will be flying to Atlanta, Georgia in the morning.

1 comment:

Karissa (mommy) said...

I'm glad you guys had a great trip.

Sucks about the seperation anxiety, but I guess that's just life, huh? :) At least you know by how she gets upset when you guys are gone that she misses and wants you.

I honestly can't wait to see where Astrid gets to travel to next. :)