Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Breakfast @ Dusty's Bistro

Today we decided to try a new breakfast place, Dusty's Bistro in Silver Lake.Uwe had two eggs with bacon and potatoes, and a fruit salad. I had the house special crepe, called the Dusty's crepe, with asparagus, ham, and swiss cheese (yummy!) that comes with a salad.Check out the size of my crepe. It's huge! And yes, I finished most of it.Astrid hanging out in her stroller.

The food was good but the tables are really close to each other and there's not a lot of room in the aisles. In order to make room for the stroller, they had to take out a chair and placed the stroller next to a neighboring table. It was a tight fit. Astrid didn't last long in her stroller, so I held her for awhile and then Uwe held her so I could finish my breakfast. Uwe still loves to pretend feed Astrid, but she's getting old enough to really start eating from our plates (at least in tiny pieces).Astrid has her first taste of a grape. In the pic it looks like she's crying, but she's not. She just has this "icky" expression on her face after tasting a grape for the first time. Wanna try again? Astrid's not so sure about the grape."That was uh...interesting."

(Since I'm catching up on my posts belatedly, I'm happy to report that Astrid now eats grapes. When we were in Atlanta I gave her tiny pieces of grapes from Whole Foods and she gobbled them up.)

No comments: