Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 16, 2006

GAD3 Our last morning in GA - flight back to LA

Today is our last morning in Atlanta, Georgia. We're flying back home to LA. We're all packed and ready to go. Just as I was about to scoop Astrid up into my arms Uwe stopped me, saying she looked so cute looking up at me and he wanted to take a photo. Astrid's sitting on the floor playing with the tag on our suitcase.Our happy little frequent flyer. We're flying back on plain ole Delta (not Song Airlines). Go figure, the movie they're showing on the plane is "Walk the Line" the movie I watched on the flight over. And since this isn't Song, there's just one movie being shown on this flight.
The first thing we do when we sit down is get out the baby wipes and wipe everything down. You have to with a baby that wants to touch everything and then inadvertently puts her fingers in her mouth. (That goes for airplanes, restaurants, and parks.) Here she is playing with the latch on the tray table.

The man in the background is wearing a lei necklace in anticipation of his vacation in Hawaii. This flight has a connecting flight to Hawaii. I wish we were going to Hawaii, but I can't complain. We had a great time in Florida and Georgia and I'm happy to have had these couple weeks of frolicking before starting my new full time job back in LA.

2 comments:

Karissa (mommy) said...

I love the pic of you two looking at eachother. Too cute!

We received a Carebear book that was about the seasons and I loved it, and Isabella STILL looks at it over a year later. It must be very similar to the one Astrid has because it's made for going into tubs. I love books like that because I don't have to worry about Isabella tearing up the pages, and in the past, eating them. :)

I didnt' neccessarily think Astrid looked like a Disney character. Maybe if there was a specific character to compare her to?? She does look super cute in her hat, and especially with those dimples. Definitely jealous.;)

I'm also excited about how well she is standing now. It's crazy to think of how long I've been looking at your blog and then all of a sudden your little girl is standing. I know we don't really know eachother, but it's still exciting and I'm very happy for you and Uwe on how well Astrid is doing. I still can't wait for the walking pics.

I still remember Isabella being a "tease" when it came to walking. She'd take one or two steps one day and then would go a few days without walking. Until finally one day she just walked like it was nothing new. I'm excited to see how Astrid starts walking.

Also, I love the pic where she is peeking over her playpen rail. Too cute....

Rose said...

Thanks Karissa. Yeah the standing part surprised me too. It happened all of a sudden when we were in Florida.

I remember reading and seeing pics of Isabella when she was starting to walk, and now she's walking around and dancing. It's so crazy how fast they develop!