Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Astrid brushing her teeth

Astrid now has her own Winnie the Pooh toothbrush. The baby toothbrush I used with the rubber bristles (that you wear on your fingertip) to brush the baby's teeth and gums can't be used anymore because Astrid bites...hard! In the morning while I'm brushing my teeth I'll strap Astrid in her chair and let her hold her own toothbrush and bite on it. Although this baby toothbrush says it's "soft" the bristles are actually harder than on my "super soft" adult toothbrush, so I'm looking into buying a different toothbrush for Astrid. Hard bristles are bad for your gums, that's why I switched to super soft. I'm sure there's a better product for kids on the market. I believe this toothbrush is from Gerber. I will ask our dentist the next time we go in for a cleaning. For now Astrid treats the toothbrush more like a toy, but it's good practice.

4 comments:

Peter said...

looks like she is about to outgrow her chair! They grow so fast!

Rose said...

Nope, she still fits. The back of the chair is reclined though and ever since she developed the ability to sit up, she hates lying back/down. But yeah we'll need to look into getting her a comfy chair she can crawl up in with a good book. =)

Karissa (mommy) said...

I wonder when kids start to hate brushing their teeth? Isabella still loves it. We tell her "Time to brush your teeth.", and she runs into the bathroom and sits on her stool waiting for her toothbrush. I'm dreading the day that she fights us...

Janelle said...

Rose, thanks for the comment on my blog. I have peeked at yours from time to time and my how Astrid has grown!! It's hard to imagine how tiny they start out and within a year how big they are.

Cassie likes to brush her teeth but she doesn't actually brush. She likes to suck the training tooth paste and water off the brush and after I am done brushing my teeth then I have to brush hers when she is done with her brush. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get her to brush her own teeth...the kid is 2 for cripes sake!