Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Gabriela's Birthday Party (Dunsmore Park)

Today we went to Gabriela's 3 year birthday party in Dunsmore Park off of Foothill Blvd. in La Canada/Glendale.
Climbing a boulder in the park with the other kids.
Astrid wore this party hat the entire 2 hours we were there, and still kept it on in the car on the ride home. When I commented to U. (who joined us later) that I couldn't believe she was wearing the hat for so long he said, "Of course. She loves hats."
Gabriela giving Astrid a bon bon.
Chocolate bon bons are off limits, but I didn't want to be rude so I let her hold it until we ate and then I hid it from her.
Then the girls sat down next to each other at the picnic table and ate lunch together.Swinging on the tire swing with her balloon.You can see the birthday party setup in the background with all the balloons.
When we first arrived Astrid saw those balloons and shouted, "Birthday Party!" as she ran straight towards it with her arms behind her in an excited kid run.All the kids sitting around the birthday girl and cake.Checking out the Winnie the Pooh cake.The kids had to wait a long time until someone found a lighter to light the candle.Pushing Gabriela's baby doll and stroller.Both the girls pushing the stroller together.So much for sharing.Friends again.Astrid eating cake for the first time.
All of the other kids were eating cake so we let Astrid have some (without frosting or filling).Don't bother me Papa - can't you see I'm eating this cake as fast as I can before Mom changes her mind?U. blowing into Astrid's party hat.LOL! It feels funny mommy!Trying out a party blower for the first time.She figured it out.Selma (Gabriela's Mommy) telling Gabriela she needs to share her doll with Astrid.Gabriela is not going to part with her doll. Tears because Astrid doesn't want to leave the party.One last push of the stroller and baby doll while Gabriela isn't looking.Giving her friend Gabriela a hug goodbye.

Afterwards Astrid said she wanted "more birthday party". I told her she has to make a lot of friends so they'll invite her to their birthday parties. =)

She also had 2 grab bags of party favors. Out of the one I took out the lollipop, but Gabriela's mom gave Astrid another one right before we left and I didn't think to check it for sweets. So on the drive home I hear, "Look what I'm eating Mommy." I looked back in the rear view mirror and see Astrid sucking on a lollipop. She tried to hide it from me, but I pulled over and made sure it went in the trash.

Astrid's 3rd birthday is coming up this April and it makes me think of all the "to do's" and "don'ts" for her birthday party.

No comments: