Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 24, 2006

Mommy & Me time (Eagle Rock farmer's market)

I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm looking forward to spending some quality one on one time with Astrid this weekend.

I started off the evening by ordering food to go from The Coffee Table. I got a veggie pasta (that comes with a salad) and a slice of crème brulee cheesecake. Mmm. With Uwe out of town it's too much effort and mess to cook for just myself.

(I just took a peek at photos that I took of Astrid at The Coffee Table back in December 2005, and she looks so different. One big difference is her hair. She has so much more of it now. Check it out here.)

After picking up my food I took Astrid for a walk in her stroller around Eagle Rock. We walked to the library, but the library was closed in honor of the birthday of Cesar Chavez. BUT...we stumbled on the farmer's market there.

Last time Uwe and I were there (before Astrid was born) we literally stumbled on it as well. We went to get some coffee and then decided to go for a walk, and when we turned a corner we walked right into the farmer's market. We always seem to forget that they have a farmer's market in Eagle Rock every Friday.

They have a children's petting zoo, which is pretty cool for a small, local farmer's market in the city. There are pigs, ducks, rabbits, goats, and chickens.At first I couldn't figure out why Astrid was making faces and looking unhappy. Then I got a whiff. It was the animals. Astrid is like her mommy in that respect and has a very good sense of smell (and her nose is sensitive to offensive odors.) So we went around to the other side (upwind) to look at the camel.
They even have a baby camel. I don't think I've ever seen a baby camel before. It doesn't have its humps yet, but does have a mop of hair on its head.They also have pony rides. Astrid's still too young to ride on a pony, but we had fun watching the other kids.The Elvis impersonator is still performing there. He dresses like the 50's Elvis and croons Elvis songs. He's available for parties in case anyone is interested. =)

There were more stands this time. Nothing to get excited about but it looks like they've gotten more participation since we were there last time (vendors and locals). They have a new food stand with rotisserie chicken cooking on long metal poles over an open flame which looked pretty good. I bought some Chinese roasted chestnuts to snack on at home. They're smaller than the regular ones I'm used to and harder to get at, but yummy. I have to remember to go back there again with Uwe and Astrid on a Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have GOT to go to the big buff crepe dude. His crepes are insanely good. I get the ham and cheese and my boyfriend gets a spinach one covered in some sort of delicious sauce and we sit at a sticky plastic table and listen to the faux Elvis. We usually have aboug 5 glasses of wine in our bellies from a tasting at the nearby Colorado Wine Company!

sherrie
www.citizenrobot.com