Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 24, 2006

Nanny's point of view/new Oshkosh outfit

I showed our nanny how to use the video camera and digital camera to record and take photos of Astrid during the day. Today was the first time I saw some photos of Astrid (the next 3 photos) that were taken by Astrid's nanny.Normally when I see photos of Astrid looking into the camera, I remember the exact moment because I was the one who took the photo. In this photo however, Astrid's not looking at me, but rather she's looking at her nanny who took the photo. That's a weird feeling. But on the other hand I'm happy to have photos of Astrid taken during the day (while I'm at work).Here she is standing in front of the mirror, wearing her new Oshkosh outfit. Before I started my new job, we went to an Oshkosh store (at the outlet mall) and bought Astrid a bunch of new outfits and socks. Uwe and I loved the orange and yellow colors. This one is a summer outfit that's size 18 months. It's still big on her but by the time summer comes it'll fit perfectly.Playing in front of the mirror, looking so precious.The first thing I do when I get home from work, after saying hello to the nanny and Astrid, is wash my hands (b/c I don't want to infect the baby with any germs I may have picked up at work). Then I go upstairs with Astrid and she plays in my bedroom while I change out of my business attire, into casual clothes. Now that she's crawling, she's much more independent and it's easier for me to change while she plays, and I can still keep my eye on her.

She looked so cute in her new outfit that I took some more photos of her wearing it, with her matching socks.I gave her a lollipop to play with (not eat). She likes to chew on the stick.She likes to pull herself up and stand at the foot of my bed. Since it's a futon, it's low to the ground and perfect for her height.

4 comments:

Peter said...

It appears that the German gene makes babies big ... she looks perfectly fine in this outfit .. and orange is just such a great happy color on kids!

Anonymous said...

It's been too long since I've visited. I can't believe how big she's gotten!

Sooo cute!

Trailhead said...

Okay, the socks make the outfit! I absolutely love those. I think I'll try to find some for TK. Did they have several colors?

Rose said...

Oshkosh is da bomb when it comes to kid clothes and socks. We bought an assortment of different socks. One pair is orange with a face of a giraffe sown on the tops. I love those. The make her look like her feet are stuffed animals.