Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 23, 2006

A girls only week (Uwe's out of town)

I like to tease Uwe about being the only male in our household. There are 3 females in our household: me, Astrid, and even our dog is female. Yep, there's a lot of estrogen in our house. But there are fringe benefits as well...since all the women in this house love and adore Uwe.

Uwe's out of town for a week and his absence is felt by all 3 females. I can't sleep in our bed because it's too cold and empty without Uwe (aka my German heater) in it, so I prefer to sleep on the couch until he gets home. I've also been missing all of our TV shows as I either a) forget that they're on (as Uwe is a living/breathing TV guide who keeps me on my TV viewing toes), or b) I prefer to read and update my blog in the evenings (call me a nerd). Astrid is saying "Papa" all the time and gives me a funny look when I bathe her at night (wondering where her Papa is). Our dog seems especially sad and lonely without her master. So here I am left to be mommy and daddy to the baby and dog to make up for Uwe's absence. I try to make up for it by taking both the baby and our dog for long walks around the neighborhood. We 3 love the walks but still sorely miss Uwe. Here is Astrid calling her Papa before she gets ready for bed. She was fussy the entire time the call was connected (so Uwe can expect a call that sounds like she's miserable), but as soon as I hung up I realized that she just wanted to look at the phone. She's fascinated by the phone and the buttons, but she didn't want it held up to her ear. She wanted it at arms length so she could study the phone.

1 comment:

Peter said...

your German heater is also your German TiVo? Very cool :)

Yes .. babies love phones .. and they have no idea what kind of damage they can do (to the phonebill)