Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Refusing to say mama

Today was the first time in over a week, since my homecoming (I was away for 1 week attending a conference in Ohio) that Astrid has said "Mama" to me.

When I returned home everything was "Papa" which was fine. Spending a week alone with her dad allowed her to bond more closely with him.

But then I noticed that every time I tried to get her to say "mama", she wouldn't do it. I'd point to my photo and ask, "Who's that?'" She'd look at me and respond, "Papa." I'd hold her up to the mirror where she could see both our reflections and point to myself and say, "Mama." Her response continued to be "Papa." Then I'd give her a photo ID, she normally ALWAYS recognizes me and says "Mama" but without fail she kept saying "Papa". It was the strangest thing.

Both Uwe and our nanny told me Astrid would say "Mama" when I was away, and since I'd been back she would say it when I wasn't around. But anytime I was with Astrid, she'd refuse to say "Mama."

So today, FINALLY she said "Mama" to me again. HURRAY!

I don't know what that was all about. Our nanny says Astrid was just playing with me. It was the most bizarre thing.

No comments: