Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Playing in the toilet

I used to be able to put the toilet lid down to prevent Astrid from sticking her hand in the bowl and playing in the water. That is until today. I was brushing my teeth and Astrid was playing behind me in the bathroom. The toilet seat was down. I turn my head and what do I see? Astrid is holding up the lid with one hand and has her other hand down in the bowl. I immediately pulled her hand out and thoroughly washed it and tried to explain that she's not to play in the toilet because it's dirty and there are lots of germs in there. As if a 15 month old can understand what I'm saying. But hopefully she'll understand that the toilet is off limits.

Just one more item to add to my growing radar list. =)

1 comment:

Trailhead said...

Wow, that's a bullet we dodged that had never occurred to me!

Of course, today we were on a hike and TK DRANK OUT OF THE CREEK when I had my head turned while attending to the puppy. I about had a heart attack. With as much effort as I put into filtering our water while backpacking to avoid giardiasis and other fun intestinal diseases, it completely escaped me that TK might think it perfectly acceptable to partake of creek water. Ugh.

And I still can't believe that it never occurred to him to mess around in the toilet. It's not too late for him to get the idea, so I'm going to keep an eye out for that after reading this post. :)