Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 19, 2006

Astrid's 1st balloon

I went to Trader Joe's in Glendale today to pick up some Zwiebelkuechen (German onion tart) and some snacks for our Memorial Day trip to Joshua Tree. While standing in line I noticed that they were giving away free helium filled balloons to kids. So even though Astrid wasn't with me at the time, I asked if I could have a balloon for my daughter and the cashier said, "Sure!" I felt pretty silly walking through the parking lot with a purple balloon and no kid, but I thought Astrid would have fun playing with the balloon at home.Here is Astrid with her first balloon.
Not sure what to make of it.
I tied the balloon string around her wrist.

Uwe was afraid she'd pop it, but it held up even with little fingers squeezing and pulling it.
Playing sleepy.
Here she is walking (very fast) towards me with the balloon still attached to her.

Finally I have a decent pic of her walking. Previously all the pics have been blurry due to the movement, but here only her hands and feet are blurry (because they're moving) but her face is clear.

She looked so cute running around with the balloon.

No comments: