Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, May 13, 2006

1st haircut postponed

Astrid's hair has grown a lot and Uwe and I have been talking about getting her hair cut for awhile now, to even it out.We were going to Uwe's hairdresser so I wanted to take some "before" pics of Astrid's hair.Here's a close up. See how long it's gotten in the back and on the sides?Without being brushed it looks a bit like Jane Fonda's 1970's shag hairdo. It pains me to cut it because she's a girl and I can't wait for her hair to grow long enough where I can put it in ponytails, but I know she needs to get it cut so it can grow out evenly.

Uwe had an appointment today with his hairstylist Amy so we decided to bring Astrid along to see if Amy could also give Astrid a haircut.Waiting for her turn at a salon in Studio City.
Wearing her tropicana hat.
Walking around the waiting area.
Checking out some hair and fashion magazines.Uwe with his fresh haircut and lollipop. Astrid sees Amy.Here's Amy and Astrid meeting for the first time.

I remember when I was around 8 months pregnant and Amy gave me a haircut at her old salon in Burbank called "Frenchy's". Amy made a comment about my pregnancy and her assistant remarked, "You're pregnant? You mean there's a baby in there?"

Unfortunately Amy had back to back appointments and didn't have time to cut Astrid's hair. Bummer. Her next availability is in July. I don't know if we can wait that long, so we'll see if maybe my hairstylist Riley can cut it before then.On the drive back home Astrid did not want her photo taken.But she had fun taking off her hat and playing with it.

No comments: