Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Astrid in her pink toddler outfit

Uwe was in Pasadena when he passed by a children's clothing store that was having a sale and he purchased several new outfits for Astrid. That's such a change from pre-baby Uwe that hated to go shopping. Now post-baby Uwe can't resist when he sees a kid's store and he's the one who suggests, "Let's check it out and see if they have anything for Astrid."Here she is in her new pink toddler outfit.I purchased the pink hair clip separately at a Korean store. It doesn't always stay put, but it's so cute I keep trying.She's getting so good at standing on her own. She's also standing for stints at a time without holding onto anything, but I'm still trying to get a good photo of her doing it.People keep telling me what a big baby she is and I keep seeing all these babies her age or older that are so much tinier than her. We'll find out how tall she is and how much she weighs at our next doctor's appointment at age 12 months.Playing with papa."I see keys!"Astrid's at that age now where she wants to touch and hold new & different objects.It doesn't matter what it is. If it's something she hasn't seen before, like a stick of chapstick that fell out of Uwe's pocket one day, or a medicine bottle in the photo above, it'll grab Astrid's attention.Playing with papa's keys.Astrid's favorite seat (Uwe's lap).
"Daddy I want a red corvette for my 16th birthday. Pretty please?"

No comments: