Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 03, 2006

Nature walk

Today Astrid and I went for a nature walk. I carried her on my hip while pointing out different flowers, trees, and bushes; and let her touch and explore nature.

It was difficult taking pics of her while holding her with one arm and holding the camera with my other hand, but I did get 4 nice pics of Astrid.

(You can see the hazards of crawling by the bruises on her forehead. Astrid can get around really well now but still bangs into things occasionally.)

1 comment:

Trailhead said...

This is exactly the age TK was when I started taking him on "touch missions" in the baby backpack. We'd walk around and I'd lean in to let him touch everything that was safe to grab -- trees bark, some of the softer pine needles, flowers, you name it.

I love their reactions to nature at this age. She's examining those flowers so studiously.