Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Grandpa feeds Astrid

Today my dad came over to the house and while I was cleaning a toy I got for Astrid (an Intellitainer which I'll post pics of later) my dad fed Astrid some fruit mixed with oatmeal.I was pleasantly surprised to see my dad feeding Astrid so well and looking like he was an old pro at feeding babies, (since he often brags that he never changed a diaper in his life). I asked if he had fed us (me and my brother) when we were babies and he said yes he fed us once in awhile but he drew the line when it came to diapers. Boy how times have changed!

I had to snicker when I heard my dad ask Astrid, "Would you like some water? It'll cost you 50 cents. " That was the going rate when I was a kid. I guess there's no inflation in parental expressions.

My dad remarked, "She's a good baby just like her mother was" (her mother meaning ME!), as Astrid opened her mouth for each spoonful and happily ate her food.

No comments: