Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 09, 2006

FLD2 - Fun in the sun/Astrid in her floatie

We're enjoying the day in Florida.

Florida is the 7th U.S. state that Astrid has been in (CA, NV, NY, UT, MT, WY, and now FL).In preparation for our trip, I purchased a pool floatie for Astrid. Since I'm especially concerned about sun exposure I chose this pool floatie that has a sun shield. It was only $1.99 on ebay and it was in perfect condition. It has comfy holes for her legs to fit through and a handle for her to hold onto, so she can tool around the pool on her own. It's great for me since I don't have to hold her the entire time, and I can swim back and forth while towing her around. Plus I don't have to worry that she's going to swallow any water. A shot of Astrid swimming. I'm saying "kick, kick, kick" like we do in swim class. Astrid looking at the light reflecting off the water. Chillin in the pool with mommy. Here I'm moving Astrid's legs up and down to "kick" in the water.Astrid wearing her new Flap Happy hat. It's got the visor to keep the sun out, and also a flap that covers the baby's ears and neck.
A cold front is moving in so we're enjoying some fun in the sun while it lasts.

No comments: