Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Astrid's love for mommy

U. and I were talking about how attached Astrid is to me. Tonight she returned home with the nanny and the first thing she said when she walked in the door was, "Where's mama?" U. equates it to - "When you enter the room she acts like Elvis just walked in." Haha.

It's so sweet when she tells me that she missed me. She wants me to pick her up from school instead of the nanny - who picks her up just twice a week. Before that U. would pick her up from school once a week and Astrid would need lots of encouragement from me to make sure she didn't freak out when she saw papa picking her up instead of mama. And forget about anyone giving her a bath or putting her to bed, or anything when I'm there. It's difficult for U. when he is trying to put her to bed and I get home - because she only wants to be with me.

U. told me that I should enjoy it while it lasts, because soon she'll be all about him. Believe me, I love all my hugs and kisses and I know it won't last forever, so I AM enjoying all the attention. Her world revolves around me and she knows that my world lights up when she's in it. So maybe that's why children loves their mothers so - because they feel that love right back.

No comments: