Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 26, 2005

Nostalgia

I can't believe:
1) Kellogg's used to make a cereal called "Sugar Smacks"
2) Someone authorized using a frog wearing a shirt that says "Dig Em" who gives high fives also known as "smacks" as their trademark in a commercial
and
3) That I used to eat this stuff when I was a kid.

Watch the commercial.

Where does nostalgia stem from?

There's also the Kool-Aid commercial with literally a guy dressed up as a pitcher filled with red punch. If I really think back this stuff was 99.99 percent sugar and so bad for us, but I still enjoyed watching the commercial and remembering how I loved watching the Kool-Aid Man crash through walls to the kids on the the other side all drinking Kool-Aid.

Will I look back fondly on all the kookiness in the world in the 2000's? Will rewatching something or talking about something that happened in 2005 bring a warm wave of nostalgia and a smile to my face?

Everything has a way of going back to Astrid now doesn't it?...

Uwe and I were looking at digital photos of Astrid the other day. We went back and viewed photos taken on the day she was born and the first few months of her life. We almost can't believe she was that tiny. She looks so different now in terms of features and size. It's only been 4 months but Uwe and I both already look back at our experience with fondness. Thinking back, that warm wave of nostalgia just washed right over us and brought smiles to our faces.

No comments: