Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 01, 2005

Astrid's first lol

Astrid laughed out loud for the first time today. Uwe was playing with her and she was smiling at him and then all of a sudden we heard this cute baby laughter come out of her. Uwe and I both stopped and looked at each other as if to ask, "Did you hear that?" We could hardly believe it. Our little one laughed!
Recently Uwe and I had a conversation about how Astrid will smile and kinda snort out of her nose but how she didn't actually laugh out loud. Until today! She laughed a few more times but stopped when we got out the video camera.







We're both so happy that she did it when Uwe was home so we could both see and enjoy her first laugh together.

Astrid's laughter is the sweetest sound on Earth. Don't I sound like a mom? It's not surprising that Uwe got Astrid to laugh for the first time. He's always cracking me up. (The photo above was taken at an apple wine specialty house in Frankfurt, Germany, Sept. 2002).

Now I have to work on my goofy faces and other highjinx to get the baby to laugh.

Earlier this afternoon I met with my Principal to let her know that I will not be returning to teach for the new school year. One of the reasons I noted is because I don't want to miss those little moments. And now here is one of those moments which just reinforces that I made the right decision.

2 comments:

Peter said...

according to the TV show 'Friends' try singing "baby got back" to her :)

very cute smile indeed

April said...

Isn't it cool to watch babies learn something new everyday? Astrid is at that age where she'll never stop amazing you every single day! Enjoy those moments! and don't forget to share them with us!