Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Astrid's First Chompers

A little over a week ago I bought Astrid a teething toy thinking I would be proactive and be prepared when she started teething. Little did I know that she was ALREADY teething. She had been sucking on her bib a lot, chewing on her toys, and drooling. On Friday she also had a slight fever as well. All signs of teething. Uwe noticed them for the first time today. Astrid's new teeth! She has 2 bottom teeth coming in. We both could hardly believe it. She just turned 4 months old! Good news is that she didn't seem to have any fussiness or teething pain. I gave her a frozen teething ring today but Astrid didn't seem to like the cold. I'm going to defrost it and see if she prefers chewing on it when it's at room temperature with just water inside it.

Wow...teeth already! I still can hardly believe it. Now I've gotta start researching the proper hygiene to care for baby teeth so that she'll have healthy, strong, and pretty chompers.

1 comment:

Karissa (mommy) said...

Woo hoo for teeth! Isabella didn't like her teething ring frozen either. I would put it in the fridge and she seemed to like it that way since it was cold but not hard. I'm glad Astrid didn't seem to have any pain with her new teeth. :)