Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 22, 2005

Computer Woes Part II

Just weeks after getting a replacement power adapter since my old one melted, this one melted too. It still works but the plastic around the top has melted away so that one part of the metal plug is exposed. It still gets really hot and I'm scared it's a fire hazard. Plus it doesn't fit right so I have to hold it in place to make sure it's connecting properly. I love this laptop and I also don't want to get rid of it because I have so much stuff saved on the hard drive already and it's still relatively new (purchased it in August 2004). I'm tempted to bring it into a repair shop and see what's causing the power adapter to melt. I've written Gateway too to see if they know what it could possibly be.

1 comment:

Peter said...

Time to look at a Macintosh :D