Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 28, 2009

A few chuckles to share

#1 - Astrid was interested in trying some organic turkey jerky. When I gave her a piece she looked up at me with a mischievous grin and asked, "Mom, is this doggy treat?"

See my mom gives her dog jerky treats when training her to do stupid dog tricks. Many a time Astrid has been the one doling out treats and asking the dog to give her a high 10.

#2 - Astrid and I made a batch of vanilla cookies. After dinner Astrid had a cookie for dessert, and after she gave her dad a piece of her cookie to try, she said, "Say thank you to us."

Miss manners.

#3 - I was doing some yard work today, and Astrid as always wanted to come out to watch what I was doing. All of a sudden she screamed and jumped back. When I asked her what was the matter, she pointed and said, "There's a BIG ant and it's scary mommy!"

I looked down and saw a big black beetle trying to scurry for cover.

After I told her what it was and that it wouldn't hurt her, she asked me what they ate. Something to look up on Wikipedia. She decided on her own that they eat leaves and now less fearful, she tried to feed it.

No comments: