Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Tossing toys out of her crib

Lately Astrid's been tossing everything out of her crib. I put toys and stuffed animals in her crib so she can play with them when she wakes up. The first first time I saw all the stuff lying on the ground I was taken aback. What happened?! But there is a method to her madness. I got to watch her doing it once and saw that she drops everything in one spot (where her sleepy sheep is lying). As you can see, her socks are the last to go. Here you can see a sock lying on top of her sleepy sheep.

Don't ask me why she does it, But you gotta give it to her...she has her own method of doing it. Only downside is that I'm left picking everything up, including the stuff that falls under the crib, or down the other side and gets trapped between the wall and the crib.

I do try to rotate the toys and that seems to help a bit, as she'd rather play with a new toy, or a toy she hasn't played with in awhile, rather than toss it overboard.The nanny took these photos.

Astrid still looks tired. I also noticed that she was still wearing her bib which prompted the question, "You don't keep her bib on her when you put her down for a nap, do you?" So it's a good thing I saw this photo or my nanny and I might never have had this conversation.

No comments: