Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Laundromat in Silverlake & major tantrum

Here in all these photos Astrid looks like an angel, but at one point she didn't want to read her books, or a magazine, or play with her toys, or even have me hold her. She wanted one thing - to go to the store. We couldn't go until I put all the clothes in the washer. She got so upset when we didn't go that she threw the biggest tantrum to date. A classic example of the "terrible twos".

I've read in all the magazines and books that the best thing to do when your kid throws a tantrum is just to ignore them. When they realize that all of their expended energy isn't getting them anywhere they will stop.

So I tried to ignore her while doing the laundry. It was excruciating because other people were there. Then I heard gagging sounds and quickly ran over to Astrid just as she threw up. Luckily I was there to catch most of it, but there was still a mess and stink and I had to clean her up in the Laundromat's sink. She quickly calmed down after that.

No comments: