Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My little nurse

I went to the dermatologist recently and had 2 "suspicious" looking moles removed. They weren't the typical raised moles, but were flat. Astrid went with me and was fascinated. She kept staring at all of the equipment and asked a a lot of questions about what everything did and what it was for. And of course what the doctor was doing to me.

When we got home she wanted to pull up my shirt and show Papa and then tried to explain the procedure I had done. She wanted to see for herself too and kept pleading with me to take off my band-aid so she could see.

The next morning I had to reapply some Neosporin and a new band-aid, but the problem was the one spot on my back that I can't reach. I just barely was able to get a corner of the existing band-aid to pull it off during my shower this morning. What to do? Dilemma. Was hoping U. would be home to help me, but he left for work even earlier than I did this morning.

So I turned to Astrid and asked her if she could help me. She was an eager beaver to say the least. Following me around the bathroom, staring, asking question. So she wanted to help which was a good thing. One of the moles I had removed was on my tummy so I showed her how I applied the ointment and put a band-aid over it. She copied me and did the exact same thing to my back - perfectly. She followed my directions to a T.

She had so much empathy for me that she kept asking "Does it hurt?" When I told her that it didn't really hurt, and only just a little bit when you touched it, she remarked, "It looks like it really hurts mommy" and gave me a big hug. I received the best bedside manner from my little nurse. She was just so sweet and caring. And she did a great job!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How very sweet of Astrid to help take care of Mama! I feel like a proud Grandma--good girl!! :)