Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Using her crib as a teething toy

It finally happened. I discovered a spot on the crib that Astrid has been chewing on. When I walked into Astrid's bedroom, I found her standing up in her crib, all smiles. Then she bent down and started gnawing on the side rail.

I've seen pics of cribs that have teeth marks and all sorts of damage from kids gnawing on them, so I knew it was only a matter of time. But still I didn't see any damage so I took a look at the other side of the rail.
Sure enough, there it was. A small area where the white paint has been chipped away.Here you can see it from a distance. She looks so darn cute that it's impossible to be upset about it.I'm just glad the damage is on the inner part where it's not as noticeable.The good news is she loves her crib. She's the only kid I know that gets excited when she sees her crib and wants to go to sleep. When it's nap time she kicks her legs and stretches toward the crib.
Here she is just barely tolerating me taking so many photos.
Playing with the metal lever that makes it possible to bring the side rail up or down.
Chewing on the metal. It's probably not as fun as chewing on the wood, but at least it won't leave any marks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that first picture of Astrid holding onto her crib rail and all smiles...is DARLING!! I just want to pinch those cheeks (why do all adults want to do that??) and kiss her!!

Rose said...

Beth,
You'll get to pinch her cheeks and give her a kiss when you see Astrid at her birthday party. =)