Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Tickle me with a feather

Our friend Alexander sent us some childrens books from Germany. One book was about how to play and create games for your infant so that they learn through their senses.

I saw this example in there of tickling your baby with a feather. Instead of a feather I used my hair accessory that is made of a feather type material shaped like a flower. Astrid loved it.

They had lots of other suggestions in there as well on toys your can make for your kid (like taking small paper cups and punching poles in the bottom to allow your baby to experiment and run water throw it, also how to make interesting homemade mobiles, and finger puppets). Leave it up to the Germans to come up with really ingenious ideas that are simple and cheap and help your child learn and develop just as well as the store bought toys.








I'm so used to running out and buying stuff. Yes, I know, very American. This books just goes to show you that you don't need to spend $65 on a boppy pillow for your baby to have tummy time; a rolled up towel will do just as well.

1 comment:

Karissa (mommy) said...

Thos pics are way too adorable!