Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

It's your very first Halloween

The Postman delivered this Halloween card for Astrid in today's mail, from Julie. Thank you Julie! (Our daughters were born 3 days apart.) I remember getting cards in the mail (for my birthday, Valentine's Day, Halloween, and Christmas) when I was a kid. It was such a treat to get something in the mail with a hand written note on the inside. But with the invention of the Internet, sadly not many people send real cards anymore (myself included). I'm glad to see that some people still do send cards. It's a nice, thoughtful way to say "hello, we're thinking of you."The card says, "It's your very first Halloween" on the outside, and on the inside cover is a drawing of a pumpkin baby's rattle. Cute!I knew it was only a matter of time before Astrid put the card in her mouth. Luckily the card is made of thick paper and the card survived a good baby slobbering.

No comments: