Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 04, 2006

4 star Indian restaurant

When I was pregnant with Astrid, Indian food hit the spot like no other. I would get a veggie dish that was simmered in spices for hours, and with rice it was both delicious and filling. It was one of the only foods I could eat without getting nauseous before or after my meal. The best Indian food we've had to date was in New York when I was pregnant with Astrid on Christmas 2004.

So knowing I love Indian food, Uwe being the thoughtful husband he is, researched and found the only 4 star Indian restaurant in London, for lunch today. Although the restaurant was beautifully decorated with ornate Indian decorations/carvings, and we had great service, the food was disappointing. The upscale Indian food was pleasing to the eye, but nothing really hit the spot like good ole peasant food.

Astrid was getting antsy sitting for so long, so after our meal we moved from our table over to the window seat with the pillows and low table near the bar to have our dessert there, so Astrid could stretch out and move around.

The photo above is a little dark, since the sunlight is streaming in from the window behind us, but I still think it's a sweet photo of both of us.

3 comments:

Trailhead said...

Agreed re Indian food. Best food I had in Shanghai was at Tandoor, an Indian restaurant. There's something about it that transcends nausea.

Cute pic.

the mad momma said...

plan a trip to India with Astrid. She looks adorable and you could try some authentic indian food!

Rose said...

Mad Momma:

I would love to go to India to see the Taj Mahal and travel by elephant to see the Hall of Mirrors, but it'll have to wait until Astrid is a bit older.

I have an Indian friend so I have had authentic home cooked Indian food - loved it!